|Set the scenario and the tone for the future Goals:
1. Identify two key audiences for their story
2. Identify the key messages for their key audiences. They reflect on the importance of adapting their narrative to reach different
goals and targets.
3. Capture the essence of their story in a sentence. Idea Makers are reminded of the importance of clear and simple messages
when talking about their project.
4. For the collective session, participants will be asked to have a group discussion regarding the appropriate type of media
(newspaper or magazine) for their stories to appear
Platoniq is hiring: Content producer & Editor (Temp role)!
Published on 04/30/2018 - News
Platoniq is a team of cultural producers, social innovators and digital platform developers across different regions in Spain. Since 2001, the association of ICTs, free and open culture and citizen participation has been our main driving force to create social innovation regionally, nationally and internationally.
We firmly believe in the potential of open culture in opposition to the privatisation of knowledge and as a tool for more democratic and collective access to information, to the Commons and the empowerment of diverse communities. Through our approach, we facilitate collaboration and distributed innovation processes that are able to introduce cultural shifts in organisations from sectors such as education, culture, heritage and social and solidarity economy.
ABOUT THE WORK (KEY RESPONSIBILITIES)
Platoniq is looking for a Content Producer & Editor to support across a number of social innovation and co-creation projects with a European scope.
Over the next 6 months our work will be developing in three directions:
- Culture Labs: a project that seeks to promote the use and reuse of European cultural heritage through partnerships between community organizations, public and cultural institutions, with a special focus on migrant communities.
- Universities of the Future: developing a set of tools and approaches to make co-design practices and mindset deeply rooted into the new types of learnings for Industry 4.0 and into the creation of products, services and industry.
- Moving communities: we are working on the 2.0 version of an idea-development methodology we have previously developed, focusing on innovative ideas committed to social change.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading on writing co-creation methodologies reports for EU project deliverables, in collaboration with team members (Culture Labs);
- Ensuring that communications with specific European project partners are smooth and fluid throughout the 6 months (Culture Labs);
- Conducting a small desk-based research on topics relating to Industry 4.0, summarising and digesting content for a non-expert public (Universities of the Future);
- Supporting the development of materials for a Train the Trainer two-day course in Palma de Mallorca (Universities of the Future);
- Editing and reviewing content for existing and work-in-progress Platoniq’s methodology manuals and web content on Wotify.eu (Moving Communities).
- You will work alongside five members of staff focusing on the design and facilitation of co-creation methodologies, European project management and development of digital platforms.
- Type of contract: Contrato por obra o servicio determinado, 20 hours a week, negotiable working hours. Gross salary: a total of €5.000 in 6 monthly payments.
- This is 6 month contract starting at the end of May 2018 until end of November 2018. Extensions of the contract could be considered in the possibility of new European projects or delays in the timeline of current deliverables.
- You will be preferably based in Barcelona or Madrid, but we are open to considering people based elsewhere. The role will require travel to Barcelona and Palma de Mallorca.
- You will have to be eligible to work under under Spanish labor law. In case you were not a Spanish national, please note that we are required to hire employees that already hold a Número de Identidad de Extranjero (NIE).
- Your role will be focused on writing and editing content. We don’t have a specific background in mind but are looking for someone with good writing and editing skills, including an eye for detail;
- You are able to carry out desk-based research and digest content in an accessible manner;
- You are interested in combining research with innovation, in line with our motto “Learning from history to co-create our future”;
- You have an interest in at least some of the following: co-creation methodologies, participation, design thinking, user centered design;
- You will be working alongside a team distributed between different cities, therefore we place a strong importance on willingness and/or experience in working remotely and managing multiple tasks simultaneously and independently;
- You speak fluent English. Fluent Spanish is a plus, but not required.
It would be an added bonus if you had:
- Familiarity with the context of cultural heritage;
- Interest in and understanding of the technical requirements of developing digital platforms.
You might want to familiarise with some of the content you will be working on through:
- The website of our Co-creation Made Agile methodology “Wotify” ;
- The summary of the Moving Communities methodology (PDF);
- Our blog post on Platoniq’s role in the Universities of the Future project ;
- A summary of the Culture Labs project
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV, cover letter and a sample of your writing to Elena Silvestrini through elenaATplatoniq.net by 13th May 2018 using ‘Content Producer Platoniq + Your Name’ as subject line. Interviews will be held via Skype on the week starting 14th May 2018. As we are hoping to fill this role as soon as possible, we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. Please do indicate in your application where you are based and when you would be able to start.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone regardless of their background and are particularly keen to receive applications from people from minority ethnic backgrounds, people with disabilities and people who identify as being LGTBQIA.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!